The beautiful Shubenacadie Wildlife Park offers many possibilities for exciting group experiences. We recommend 25-30 people per group, if larger groups are expected we may split them into two groups. Our mission is to instill in tomorrow’s stewards a respect and sensitivity to nature. We book programs rain or shine all year round. We have a picnic grounds available from May 15th to Oct 15th and if you book through our education coordinator the facility classroom is available to you for lunch. Our program topics are listed here and we can add or combine themes.
- Animal Adaptations
- Food Chains
- Using Your Senses in Nature
- Wetland Ecosystems
- Species at Risk and Conservation
Our trained interpreters know that the best way to learn is to have fun doing hands- on activities. The staff know interesting facts about the animals and why they are at the park. The new Greenwing Legacy building has great group facility rooms and interactive displays on wetlands and their importance to everyone.
- The two hour program is a guided tour of the park and Greenwing facility. The cost is $4 per person including leaders and chaperones. There is a minimum charge of $40 for groups with less then 10 people.
- The three hour program includes the guided tours and a topic related craft and game. The favourite craft is plaster of paris animal tracks. Pond dipping can be incorporated into the program if the season permits. The cost is $6 per person including leaders and chaperones. There is a minimum charge of $60 for groups with less then 10 people.
- The night time guided tour takes place after hours in the park and is very popular. It is a one and a half hour program involving a walk around the park after dark with flashlights. The minimum cost for this program is $100 or $6 per person whichever is greater.
We are open to suggestions for programming and will custom fit a program for your group.
For more information or to book your educational wildlife experience:
Please contact us. Phone: 1- 902-758-5316. E-mail: email@example.com.
Write: Shubenacadie Provincial Wildlife Park P.O. Box 299, Shubenacadie, NS B0N 2H0